Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday, April 21, 2010


Love is one of the very few things in my life that continues to baffle, surprise and elate me. I rather like the fact that it seems so magical and such a mystery. Besides, as a poet I can get away with writing anything I want about love!



BEFORE YOU KNOW WHAT LOVE IS

you must
dive into a winter lake
shatter the surface of mirrored ice
maneuver through freezing waters
until the cold is no longer critical
and you are one with the speckled trout
content to rest near silt and stones.

Later, at the bar
a cold ale
and a shot of dark rum
to recall the disturbing cold
of lake waters and
the comfort of strangers,
the unspoken conversation
with the bartender
thick with innuendo.

And at the end
of all that
still
you drive home in the dark
without an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment